Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New Settings?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Settings?

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:56 am

What has happened to the server now? New bot routes and behavior? I was just wondering since it is almost impossible on some maps to even get across the map let alone do anything at all like get set up as engy or maybe cap. I have heard and even seen some folks talk about leaving and they have not been back...Some regulars I have not seen in weeks or close to it.

We have a lot of new people and maps, a lot of positive things going on but will it offset the old regulars leaving? I do appreciate this server and the work gone into it. I am not down on anybody in particular, just wondering if this is now the new normal.

The new maps are cool, maybe a different bot setting or are they on a rotation basis every few maps or how is that working? With a smaller player group some maps are defend only it seems. No way to get across any open spot at all. The new people are not going to know unless all they want to do is defend and that is a total failure. I am seeing bots in places they never were before and with attack instructions not seen either. ..lol
Dr.Phuckoff
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Settings?

Post  Twilightocululs on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:28 am

Yeah, X has been tweaking the bots. They're harder now. You notice it pretty fast when you duo attack maps and see new sg spots and behaviors. I've seen medal of honor get frustrated over it and he hasn't been on much but he also has some personal shit going on. It could also just be because it's around the holidays and people might be traveling and stuff.

Last edited by Twilightocululs on Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twilightocululs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 am

I am glad somebody else sees it this way and not just me. I was thinking I was losing my mind or was having a bad day skills wise but at least we know now for sure. I have left maps several times today because homie ain't playin' that shit just to die 14 times to get inside a base and have a tele up.
Dr.Phuckoff
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:13 am

Hey guys,

I havent messed with the skills of the bots, they are at 95% and thats the max I'll go. You can put em on 100% but thats just ridiculous.

What I did do tho, is alter some waypoints, some now sg spots etc, because it was getting too easy for the better players, and you guys need to be challenged.

I've noticed a lot of lesser skilled players joining lately, I think we get a lot from drippy's. It can be a bit intimidating for them when they are not surrounded by better skilled players but try [EVIL]battlezone server when, bishop ominous, Gnu, xheon, hans, vRT, brah, sincie etc are online.... believe me u quit after 1 minute.

So the noobs come to my server where they face cheating bots heh… they walk in your way, do stupid things and that takes down your playing lvl. You play better when you play with better players, you play worse when you are surrounded by noobs, thats all that's happening in you guys case

-X-
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://xbotserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuggs on Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Glad to see this post, as I noticed the updated waypoints as well and for a moment thought I was taking crazy pills!

Dr, I think you have the wrong perspective on this one. I don't recall if you were part of the BB days, but back then server updates and fixes took forever. If something broke or you wanted any kind of change, tough luck.

The fact that we now have an active administrator (in 2019 no less!) who cares enough to add maps and update the bots is simply incredible. I know old fogies like yourself and MOH hate any kind of change, but to suggest new maps and waypoints will make regulars leave is ludacris. If anything updates keep the experience fresh and keep players coming back.
Nuggs
Nuggs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Not ludacris Nuggs. I heard people say it out loud. That is all I was posting about. I also praised the new maps and asked questions, that is all. I have been playing since Quake Team Fortress and TFC when it was released.I remember waiting for an update and downloading it too. I miss the 4 mirvs for demos and heavys too..lol..talk about spammo.

I do love the server and it is the only place I play now in my spare time. Hands are getting older and maybe this fogey gets crotchety but at least some of us can be team players and support others like we do.These new guys need to be groomed some and even yelled at when they nade us off nade bags and play stupid crap that would normally get them a ban hammer.

Don't take my post the wrong way, I wanted to see what had changed and I appreciate the work it takes for editing map waypoints and adding new ones. I love Wrath and nominate it as a choice often. I am learning new ways to spammo the flag room from a hidden spot and still have quick access to nades and health. Fun stuff even as a solo.
Dr.Phuckoff
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FloorPie on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:40 pm

There's another part of this I haven't seen brought up.

Medal has been (incorrectly) claiming that the bots have been set "harder" for over a year now. They have not. A few needed waypoint tweaks recently, as X explained. Besides Medal, who else is saying stuff about leaving?

Foxbots adjust their current target objective (which can then affect their path) based on things like - if they see an SG.
The bots also communicate with each other about SG location.

Thus, your two experiences of bots on a map can be completely different depending on things like where and how we place our SGs, how visible the snipers are, etc.

Last edited by FloorPie on Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo. Go back to bed.)

FloorPie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimda on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:11 am

I really appreciate the work -X- has and is doing on the server.
I haven't really felt that the bots were getting tougher....it's just that I'm running into them in unexpected places so my tried and true paths and strategies are not working so well. This is GREAT. There were too many maps that I had committed to memory....I could toss a nade and kill a bot without seeing it, because I knew it would be there. This was fine for the ego...always winning on 6-8 CTF maps with no other players present.
But that gets old after a while..
The new waypoints have me cussing to myself once in a while as I get recked by an unexpected scout, hw, soldier or a combination of them...but it's great...new strategies and techniques are now required.

I'm probably at least as old as Phuckoff and I can appreciate things not changing, but just like the machines discovered in the first Matrix.... man is not content in the long run if there is no change, no challenge, no adversity.... we thrive on it.

Yes, before Netscape and IE, I dialed up to my "bulletin board" with my 2400 baud modem and downloaded the first Doom for several hours, and it was incredible!
One thing that set it apart is that it was to big to distribute on 5-1/4" floppies... it was several MEGABYTES... Fortunately it came out after I paid $600 for my first HDD, a whopping 30 megs.
Email was available but what good was it when no one you knew had it.
And yes, before PC's and MACs, I had a TRS-80, which meant that in order to use it, I had to learn Basic to write programs for it, since nobody wrote and actually sold programs at the time.
Nimda
Nimda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:23 am

Now I know yer old as hell..HAHAHA. I was just in the server and 2 engys held off the horde, was fun for awhile but no caps for us. Died 20 something times but it was all good. I may go see what maps I have on my drive and cross reference the server list. Might find something interesting. I just wish I had all my old reloading scripts and other stuff from the old days. It reloaded on movement. Sadly so many of those forums now are gone that had all that stuff.
Dr.Phuckoff
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:17 am

Yea the good old days hehe

You can still find many of the scripts on sites like gamebanana.com

You guys will adapt soon enough and the poor bots wont have a chance anymore hehe

-X-
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruno29625 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:40 pm

ps from my last post .... please help pretty kitty in the forum she wants to post and i have tried to show her, but she is not understanding me, she just left an email on jan 1 but i was in the hospital, so please reach out and try to post on the forums. kitty if you see this i am sooo sorry i could not help.

Bruno29625

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:52 pm

Allright bruno I'll help out.

Are you ok?!

-X-
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilightocululs on Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 am

I'll explain it to her if I catch her in game or drop by drippy's and let sam know. I'm sure he could figure it out for her.

And yeah, routine maintenance or an unsuspected incident, Bruno?

Also, new computer. All the maps work fine on it. Missed Kingdom_r2.

X wrote:I've noticed a lot of lesser skilled players joining lately, I think we get a lot from drippy's. It can be a bit intimidating for them when they are not surrounded by better skilled players but try [EVIL]battlezone server when, bishop ominous, Gnu, xheon, hans, vRT, brah, sincie etc are online.... believe me u quit after 1 minute.

Yeah, someone named Guy and Garage started training me last night on "advanced style TFC" on a different server that put your jump and speed mechanics into numbers. Showed me how much faster you can be if you properly strafe by moving the mouse at a 90 degree angle. Started with basic movement. Then added the jump. Managed to do it multiple times but its going to awhile to master. After that, it's applying forward movement to it. And then after that, learning how to fight while doing it. The basics were intense enough.

Also, on my temporary gig my sound files were fucked up. lmao would give me always. RQ would give me numb. But I 007 gave me a sound file of a woman in the midst of an intense fuck session. Does it actually have a name?

Twilightocululs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 am

Yea i know Guy, hes really skilled and pro. Its called Bunnyhop or Bhop and if you exercise a lot you can go really fast. Most servers have a setting to reduce the forwardspeed because theres bhop scripts out there that make you go so fast its too powerfull compared to players who dont have that script or are not good at it. My server has reduced forward speed and drippy's is antibhop but theres servers where its allowed and there you can go real fast. Its fair when you arrange a pickup with pro's who master it all, like on inhouse or .420 server and thats also the reason why these servers are locked. You dont want a (1)player  or 3l1teSnipahkillah in there LOL
BHOP tip: start by making figures eights on a  wide yard using only the mouse and the side keys, not ever the forward key. On our server some regulars are very good at it, Nuggs being one of them

Sounds: sounds like lag or something. The intense fuck session sound name is 'sex'.

Kingdom_r2: if you have your video renderer settings set in OpenGL it wont work, it only works in Software modus. You can check by opening tfc-> options->video

-X-
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilightocululs on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 am

I figured Nuggs knew it. I suspect PlayeR does as well. It was a new concept to me despite conventionally being a good soldier. But prior to coming back to this game this past year, I had a 17 year long hiatus so I never got to experience this in depth knowledge of mechanics because it never existed when I largely played in the early golden days.

Thanks for the tip though. Dude created a private server just to train me despite us kinda being at odds at first.

And all maps work fine now. I think my issue with my temporary gig was probably simply the graphics card because this windows 10 works just fine and I've installed every map quite easily I came across. Also glad to see the whole Bot-naming process still in effect via Thunder.

I'd be interested to simply observe those servers from my position being just introduced to it.

Twilightocululs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FloorPie on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:51 pm

It took me many years to learn how to bhop and even then I am slow compared to some others. The figure 8 training is good ... you'll see people (+ me) doing it in spawn on dustbowl or similar maps waiting for the gate to open.
The hardest parts at first were not hitting the +forward button, and not bumping into that fatty infront of you who walks in a wobbly line right in the middle of the hallway or path instead of staying to the left or right. Wink

If I was on the server when the 007 thing occurred, then that may have been me triggering the sex sound manually. I think I remember that one. Your 007 didn't play because someone had typed "comeagain" or something right before you typed 007. Dustbowl, cp2 gate?

Mr.Thunder has already tried to stab me in the back. At least he doesn't bhop like brah.

FloorPie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuggs on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Twilightocululs wrote:I figured Nuggs knew it. I suspect PlayeR does as well. It was a new concept to me despite conventionally being a good soldier. But prior to coming back to this game this past year, I had a 17 year long hiatus so I never got to experience this in depth knowledge of mechanics because it never existed when I largely played in the early golden days.

Ravanger aka PlayeR most definitely knows how to bhop as it was mostly a prerequisite to join any clan that competed in any mid to high level leagues back in the day, and we both played a lot of STA:ADL

For fun check out this still alive blarghalyzer post from a match when we competed against each other back in 2007 : http://www.blarghalyzer.org/parsedlogs/rx-vs-tng-rnd2/

Similar to FP, I didn't learn to bhop until late in the game. In fact, I used to play with the arrow keys and use < > to strafe, a terribly ineffective setup compared to WSAD. Still, I was able to pass the tryout for many silver level league clans without bhop, but I was only rostered on a gold CTF clan as a favor and played in exactly two matches at gold level, both as a second round sub against a clan we were heavily beating. The STA:ADL league came late in the clan scene and I was a full fledged bhopper by then.

I'm happy to help you out if you want. It's a strange concept that for me just clicked one day after weeks of practice. Using WSAD is a must, don't ever press +forward unless you're trying to stay under the 170% cap, and imagine curving while in the air to gain speed. It's really a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.
Nuggs
Nuggs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:56 pm

I was in TNT or The Nameless Team in bronze STA. If there had been a dirt level then we may have qualified for it but we had a couple gold level payers. My skills were not that great and still are not, but still enjoy killing mofos. My name then was [TNT]Rocky1369...our sever was Secrete Sauce and some may remember it. That is where I learned some of the basic admin commands.
Dr.Phuckoff
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FloorPie on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:32 pm

Dr.Phuckoff wrote:I was in TNT or The Nameless Team in bronze STA.
There's a good chance I was your STA admin at one point. Smile

Dr.Phuckoff wrote:My skills were not that great and still are not, but still enjoy killing mofos. My name then was [TNT]Rocky1369...our sever was Secrete Sauce and some may remember it.
Liar. Your skills in many areas exceed most.

I was in TFCC (Team Fortress Community College). We started as a group of "old guy" regulars on Pete Claar's A/D server, and someone created a contact list so we could schedule times to play together. From there we started trading knowledge and set up meetings, then eventually got our own servers, got a few more recruits and joined STA and a few other leagues.

Our skill level at first was very low, but we focused a lot on defense strategy. We found that 3 medium skilled defenders playing as a highly coordinated team could hold better than 3 higher skilled playing as individuals.

Our offensive players (Mitsuman, Duck'o'Healing, KnockKnock, and MontyBurns) became really good. They ended up playing in second clans with players like Nuggs. Very Happy At one point we got in to STA Platinum, which lasted about 2 weeks because we got rickity rickity rekt. The sportsmanship of many of the plat players was disappointing though. Many clans were rude, didn't follow the rules, and sometimes they wouldn't even show up to a match.

Throughout all of this, most of our team (especially defense) could not bhop, and I was only average 1v1. However, the knowledge and teamwork worked just as well as fancy bhop and perfect aim.

This is why I love playing with the regulars here.

FloorPie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuggs on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Found a blargalyzed match of yours here FP: http://www.blarghalyzer.org/parsedlogs/l0410105/

Here you are Dr, though it's a pub and not a match log, [TNT] ROCKY1369|AF http://www.blarghalyzer.org/parsedlogs/wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww/
Nuggs
Nuggs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurgan on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 am

Man, STA, bhop, etc...man you guys are scraping the bottom of the barrel on old times! I could never master BHOP, or double conc. There are some great maps to play if you want to work on conc & double conc.

Dr, TNT sounds familiar. I think we [GOO] may have played against your team when we started out.

FloorPie, anyway of finding the old standings? I don't know if we made it to top of Gold...maybe even Platinum. [GOO] gracefully retired in late 2003. Some of us started an off shoot team called Killerz and basically went anti-social and pissed other teams off. I think all of us were burnt out on TFC and moved on to DoD & other FPS games.

Razz Razz
Kurgan
Kurgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilightocululs on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:16 am

X wrote:BHOP tip: start by making figures eights on a wide yard using only the mouse and the side keys, not ever the forward key. On our server some regulars are very good at it, Nuggs being one of them

Sounds: sounds like lag or something. The intense fuck session sound name is 'sex'.

So far I'm only doing right-way hops with no forward movement. He said I surprisingly picked it up relatively fast but I'm in no position of mastering it anytime soon.

And like the map stuff, the sounds were just weird on that computer. I would type a sound and would give me a different sound file, hence why I ever discovered the "sex" sound file because I've seen no one use it. So to Floorpoo's dismay, that certainly wasn't the case.

Nuggs wrote:Ravanger aka PlayeR most definitely knows how to bhop as it was mostly a prerequisite to join any clan that competed in any mid to high level leagues back in the day, and we both played a lot of STA:ADL

R00d! Been playing with you both for months and you never thought I wouldn't be interested in learning this stuff?

Nuggs wrote:I'm happy to help you out if you want. It's a strange concept that for me just clicked one day after weeks of practice. Using WSAD is a must, don't ever press +forward unless you're trying to stay under the 170% cap, and imagine curving while in the air to gain speed. It's really a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

Guy says to message him and if he's around and he'll set up his number server for me to practice with a concrete comparison because that visual representation helps in the initial stage. I have a feeling once you get more adequate at it, it becomes a combination of having a feel for it and knowing the mechanics. But yeah, certainly not opposed to any type of advice. But I will admit, I only started the other day and although I kept doing it, it wasn't always consistent. Like I managed to get to about 408 on soldier multiple times. And well over 500 on medic. Also didn't know you could speed up your wall strafing by turning to a 15% angle. With that being in mind, I haven't been too successful with adding forward movement to it. He told me a good way to practice on my own is on well as a heavyweight. If I can clear the moat it would show I was successful and that would be a good way to start.

Also I have a feeling randy and rupp are real good Bhoppers. Saw rupp capture 2 on palermo as a scout from where you jump off from 1 using a dept pack as a scout. (Also saw the 4 cap on the 2nd part of Dust 2 Dust) although he does take a few paces at cap 3 before the demo sends him off to four.

It's a shame I missed the STA age. That would've been nice but I was a pretty busy fellow back then.

Twilightocululs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurgan on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Here's another tip for those not in the know. When moving forward, if you hug/lean into a wall while moving forward, you will go faster than if you didn't. This is great for the slower classes like HW.

Kurgan
Kurgan
Kurgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FloorPie on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Kurgan wrote: FloorPie, anyway of finding the old standings? I don't know if we made it to top of Gold...maybe even Platinum. [GOO] gracefully retired in late 2003. Some of us started an off shoot team called Killerz and basically went anti-social and pissed other teams off. I think all of us were burnt out on TFC and moved on to DoD & other FPS games.

Razz Razz

Sadly I don't have any rankings data, sorry. I have a snapshot of one week from what seems to be 2004, and most of the team isn't using the [GOO] or [GOOr] tag.

I do see cross references (example, players called Vile and Absolute) maybe playing for GOO, tagged as -Special Delivery- (sD), and then Sask Killerz / -=SK=- Saskatchewan Killerz.

FloorPie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurgan on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:37 pm

It was Killers vice Killerz. Bad memory on my part.
Kurgan
Kurgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next