X BotServer
Mani Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to use the infinite spanner trick

Go down

How to use the infinite spanner trick Empty How to use the infinite spanner trick

Post  Nuggs on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:30 pm

I was trying to explain to avenue the infinite spanner trick the other day and I figured I would post here in case others were unaware of it.

A large part of busting bots involves spamming +attack as an engy while hiding behind your SG with a spanner and repairing it as it takes damage. A skilled engy also uses his SG as a shield from nades and rocket splash damage.

In this instance we can use a very old TFC bug to our advantage known as the scoreboard bug. It's a simple trick, all you need to do is to take out your spanner, then press tab to pull up the scoreboard and click anywhere on the scoreboard with the key you have bound to +attack, probably mouse1. Release tab and you will be firing your weapon, in this case the spanner, forever until you click +attack again. You can still move around freely while using this trick.

I use this method daily when typing, so I can repair my SG while using in game chat without having to worry about it being destroyed or when I goto the fridge to grab a tasty beverage:-)

Enjoy!
Nuggs
Nuggs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How to use the infinite spanner trick Empty Re: How to use the infinite spanner trick

Post  Nimda on Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:29 am

Thanks Nuggs,

I've inadvertently toggled that on and never remember what I did to get there....thinking it was a bug. I think that changing weapons then using the fire button is how I would get it to stop.

So, I guess you can lean on your dispenser, whack-away on your sg and go make a sammich at the same time...

Nice to know how it works!
Nimda
Nimda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How to use the infinite spanner trick Empty Re: How to use the infinite spanner trick

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Yes , use it while wrapping yourself between your disp and SG, I've done it many times when going for a snack or a piss Laughing

-X-
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://xbotserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurgan on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:43 am

This "trick" can also be activated if you bring up the menu and select any of the canned messages.
Kurgan
Kurgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum