Mani Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How Many Players Here Are Drummers?

Go down

How Many Players Here Are Drummers?

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:17 am

We seem to have a ton of drummers both new and old hands on the server. Somebody asked to make a thread about it and here we go.  Post your kit if you want or links to good deals online or discussions on types of playing tips and anything that may help somebody learn something new.

I started in about 1968 as a kid taking snare drum lessons. We had to stand up and we had to wear a long sleeve shirt and tie to the lessons. Needless to say I was not that kind of kid that liked that much and it turned out to be a distraction. I did learn a few basic rudiments but mostly I was self taught with a few full kit lessons later in the 70's. I learn best by observing and playing by ear, hard to do in my time period decades before the internet but it was still fun.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EpKfrRXdqsH7-a0DuqhsAexcpc-g2Z7h/view?usp=sharing
Dr.Phuckoff
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

For Floorpie

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:27 am

If you can ever find your way to not be banned on eBay then this is one place that has hardware on occasion new in box as returns or sometimes damaged box. I have bought stuff from them before with no problems. https://www.ebay.com/sch/Percussion/180012/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=cargolargo&_sac=1
Dr.Phuckoff
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How Many Players Here Are Drummers?

Post  Nimda on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:57 pm

Cargo Largo is a great place, especially for me since I live in the same city and can just pick items up and avoid any shipping fees.
Just got a new Dell 27" ulta-fine monitor...72 dollars...no shipping.
Last year a bought 3 Shark nv-501 vacuums for less than 50 bucks each and sold them all for 140 each.
Bought a large bird cage that I knew was under-priced for 48 bucks..sold it 2 weeks later for 200 on CraigsList.
Got some spare speakers for another room for my stereo.... paid 102 for some $700 Kef speakers. They had a batch of them....they sold anywhere from 98 to 300, so I had to "fish" that one....putting in low bids...especially on items that close at odd times.
Since it's an unclaimed freight operation..you never know what they will have or if they'll ever have an item again after it's sold..so you have to do a little fishing...check them from time to time or store searches in ebay so you get notified when something you are looking for comes up.
One thing that sets them apart is the very good descriptions of the condition of the items...at other unclaimed freight operations you never really know what you are getting until you see it.
Nimda
Nimda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FloorPie on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:46 pm

TLDR: I'm a fake plastic drummer with a bad knee. Can't play real drums very well. I'm banned from ebay for life for buying a PSP game.

Long version:

I'm not a real drummer and can't play the real drums (not very well anyway).
I play digital drums in games like Rock Band, Guitar Hero WT, etc. 10 years.

I have a basic Alesis style MIDI kit (ION Drum Rocker), and a crappy plastic/rubber/foam one for the xbox one.
Not my picture, but the ION kit looks like this. The fake snare and "floor tom" position (and wires) in that picture make me cringe. Mine is a bit more square and not in a line. My other super cheapy kit has 3 cymbals and a ghost pedal.
(I just realized that's a "Christmas" picture, they probably just got the kit (lol 97% on easy mode) and I imagine they re-adjusted everything after playing it for 3 minutes.)

I've a lot more to learn about positioning and ergonomics. My current fake kit is very limited in what movement adjustments I can make.

They don't make the acoustical noise so that real-feel feedback feeling is somewhat missing, but the pads and cymbals do make a slight noise that sounds like a little tom and closed hi-hat top. It's as bad as you'd expect though, being rubber, plastic, and foam. Using piezo pickups, reed switches, and other triggers to detect hits (and how hard in some cases), the brain module feeds back to whatever it's hooked up to which plays the audio digitally.

Goal is;
Real pedals with pad.
Different frame, for stability and customization. In other words, a real rack so I can use real clamps and mounts.
Real snare, meshed with digital pickup.
Eventually get a fancy digital MIDI brain, replace all the pads and cymbals with digital ones from roland, pintech, etc.

I've had the same pair of (I think 7N) sticks for about 7 years, lol. *krusty*

Alrighty the eBay story.
A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I bought two items. A $1 phone charger, and a cheapy game for the PSP (playstation portable).
A year later, eBay sent me an email and said I had been banned for life, wouldn't tell me why. I opened a complaint/query/appeal and they came back and said after review I was still banned and wouldn't tell me why.

I had never sold anything, there were no problems with the payment transaction, etc.

My "guess" is this; The game had a weird bug which allowed you to hack a very specific old model of the PSP, which allowed you to hack the newer models, bypassing copyright protection.

FloorPie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down