Mani Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Overflow?

Go down

Overflow?

Post  Piit on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Today on the map " Vidars " I got disconnected spontaneously, reason: overflow or something like that.

During playing the voice " your flag has returned"  kept repeating itself over and over.
I was alone with 1 spectator on the server.

What  causes this?

Piit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Overflow?

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi Piit,

Nobody really knows what the cause of this is. It happens when the client's connection is flooded and cant handle the server's responses. I have an antiflood plugin for this but it might be corrupted. Also it needs to be on a specific place in the config....like above certain other plugins
I also have to check the cl_update/download rates

-X-
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://xbotserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Its usually a lag issue, but you can try this :

delete clientregistry.blob in steam folder, shut down steam. Restart it. It will redownload what you deleted but with a fresh cache
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://xbotserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Piit on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello X,

Thanks for the effort to reply.

Will try that!

Piit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Me on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:11 pm

If bots are standing on flag return area sound continuously plays "Your Flag Has Returned". Kill bots standing on flag return area sound will stop. If bots stand on flag return area again sound starts again "Your Flag Has Returned". Kill bots standing on flag return area sound stops. It's a bug in the map sounds. The creator of this map used same sounds as flag return for bots in this map. He fixed the sound issue with bots returning to their spawn after they was killed but never fixed sound issue with bots standing on flag return area. Only way to correct this from happening is redo sound files for map. Another way is keep bots off flag return area.

"YOUR FLAG HAS RETURNED"
"YOUR FLAG HAS RETURNED"
"YOUR FLAG HAS RETURNED"

Captain Me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruno29625 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:59 pm

has the flag been returned yet ?????????????? Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

Bruno29625

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Piit on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:36 pm

Captain Me wrote:If bots are standing on flag return area sound continuously plays "Your Flag Has Returned". Kill bots standing on flag return area sound will stop. If bots stand on flag return area again sound starts again "Your Flag Has Returned". Kill bots standing on flag return area sound stops. It's a bug in the map sounds. The creator of this map used same sounds as flag return for bots in this map. He fixed the sound issue with bots returning to their spawn after they was killed but never fixed sound issue with bots standing on flag return area. Only way to correct this from happening is redo sound files for map. Another way is keep bots off flag return area.

"YOUR FLAG HAS RETURNED"
                                                                  "YOUR FLAG HAS RETURNED"
                                                                  "YOUR FLAG HAS RETURNED"

Aha Rolling Eyes

Piit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Me on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:22 am

I was reading part of original post that stated this:

During playing the voice " your flag has returned"  kept repeating itself over and over.
I was alone with 1 spectator on the server.

What  causes this?

Wasn't thinking about overflow.
You didn't say which overflow it was. Is different types of overflows. I am guessing it is this "reliable channel overflow". Only fix for this is access the server and enable or disable the antiflood. But if you disable it you might get some bugs or errors. I don't even know if you have access to server for disabling it. If you do have access try disabling it.

I think it looks something like one of these:
antiflood  ; prevent clients from chat-flooding server
antiflood  ; allow clients from chat-flooding server
I don't remember everything but it looks something like that. It's been long time since i messed around with this stuff.

Captain Me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Piit on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Hey Captain,

Actually I can't remember the exact words that did pop up as an error.
Only this : "  Disconnected. Reason overflow bla bla "   What came after overflow I forgot.

Thanks  for the feedback though!

Piit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Piit on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:01 am

Hey Captain, me again,

I was wandering what you meant with access to the server....

Did you mean if I have access to the server as an admin?

Piit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Me on Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:23 am

Really didn't want to start messing with this again. Like i said been long time since i messed around. I never could get my fix work.

I found this on YouTube that someone posted that might help you on all the overflows. Never tried using it so don't know if it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbNwXQ2vNY

Captain Me

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down