Mani Translator
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Greetings from the Doc

Go down

Greetings from the Doc

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:06 am

I have to say I do enjoy "Killin' The Mofos" here. A lot is good about the server and the players with very few exceptions. Map selection is great, access to the wad files is easy, and no really abusive admins. What a Face

I may ask some questions or offer suggestions but that is all they are, no worries. I did see where another server was using a mod that allowed all nades replenished after a 60 second wait time. It was a cool feature but I do not know the name of the addon.

Very rarely do we seem to have totally ass griefers who like to team shoot, but a few exceptions here as well. Sire Greenbag one of them, I call him Sire Douchebag for that..HAHAHA

I would also say most people are patient waiting for nades but I did have somebody today raygun me off the nade bag...yes you Insanity...lol . I thought that was for kids.

Muting is easy for players speaking, but some of the server sound files are annoying. The WHAT file is one of them. Consider that I wear a headset and that scream pierces my ears. I do not find it funny at all. I did finally get my stopsound bind to stay and not get overwritten, but once that file is played it is way to late to try and hit the key, the damage is done. I do not care what your personal lifestyle choices are, I do not have to be subjected to them by trolling (gaybar file). It seems some people find it amusing to play those sound files after being asked not to as if to be a shithead. Some of the sounds are fine and I usually can hit that key fast to mute.

I do enjoy myself here and will continue to and play as a team player like I have since this game came out in the 90's. I have played in STA league in this game and really enjoyed match nights. I may not be the best demo or engy, but I try to find a way to be a hand and not a jerk.

Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from the Doc

Post  FloorPie on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:42 am

It might be possible to take some of the wav's you have already downloaded (gaybar, what, scream, or whatever ones are too loud in the headset) and either replace them with silence or crank the volume way down on them. I'm not sure if the server does file verification on the additional audio files and will overwrite them, or let you use silent/quieter versions.

I'll check in to that.

What STA league? I played in Gold (and Plat for a bit until we got our butts totally kicked) in TFCC. I was also one of the STA admins for quite a while.

Interesting regarding the nades. I agree that most people seem patient, take their turn, etc - but I do see a few that just sit on the bag and spam nades in to empty areas or choke points, wasting them.

The 60 second nade regen might be fun ... not too frequent, and might bump up the enjoyment a little more!

FloorPie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:01 am

In STA I think we were in the dirt level...lol. Bronze, but we had a good mixture of gold level players and others. My clan was TNT or The Nameless Team, our server we hosted was TNT Secrete Sauce in case you may remember playing there. I played defense demo most of the time and did ok, not top drawer by any means. My name then was Rocky1369.
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:07 am

I forgot to add that the nade bag mod was always giving nades to any player that had passed the 60 seconds and it had a countdown timer til next bag would fill you up, but anybody could swing by and grab nades if they were eligible. I like that feature, it would eliminate the fight over the bags (bag whores that they are), and make it easy for all.
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FloorPie on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:21 pm

Phuck, here's a modified MrWhat1.wav for you (Same song, volume reduced ~16db.)

1. Download from http://176.31.251.229:54545/MrWhat1.zip
2. Extract / move the wav file to your "Half-Life\tfc_downloads\sound\misc\" directory - overwriting the existing.

The location on my PC is: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\tfc_downloads\sound\misc\"

FloorPie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi Dr. P! Welcome Smile

*For the sounds : you can also open halflife launcher -> go to options -> audio

There you can set the game sound effects and mp3/wav volume lower or off. You can also chose low quality instead of high quality

If that shouldnt satisfy -> thank you floorpie for the lower volume wav

*The gren mod :
I have thought about that yes, but it only works when you play people vs people. When you play bots you need the nnades or ur lost as they have cheating aimbot as you know lol.
When theres only 1 or 2 or 3 players, you can't afford to not be able to take the grens next 60 secs. When theres lots of players, yes ur right, the grenwhores must stick to the rules. Admins should check it, if there are any. I regulary slay/kick one when i see someone keeps standing on the grenbag or tries to sneak from other waiting players

*Glad to have you aboard and thnx for ur input! We can always use skilled players, also who help lesser skilled players or take care of other engies Wink

-X-
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://xbotserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Phuckoff on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks Pie for the file, I have it installed now. I am hoping my ears will survive now..lol. As for the nades I get it that the bots would be cheating little bastards and even worse with that mod I suppose. I was wondering if the nade bad spawn times can be sped up on some maps, seems like an eternity for the demo to get what they use most.

My old motto.. "I lub De Demo Spammo"...HAHAHA...remember when they had 4 friggin' mirvs before they nerfed it back to two?...that was some crazy chit right there now...
Dr.Phuckoff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  o_c_d on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:42 pm

could you lower the mp3 volume in tfc settings?

also, X- which mp3/wav editing software do you use? for example in audacity, i always be certain to master the new file to -3db, this way every file cannot exceed the max volume... food for thought.

o_c_d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:16 pm

You could lower the volume in Half life launcher -> options -> sound

I use Audacity

If the sounds bother you you can use /soundsoff and /soundson

-X-
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://xbotserver.forumotion.com